1. Payment Conditions A reservation deposit of 300 per person is required at the time of booking. 50% is due 90 days before the date of departure and the final payment is due 60 days prior to the date of departure. If you sign up for a tour within 60 days of the tour departure, full payment will be required before we can confirm you on the tour and the deposit portion will be non-refundable. Missing the final payment deadline, as noted on your tour invoice and your initial tour confirmation letter, may result in your being removed from the tour. Please make a note on your calendar of your final payment due date, as it is your responsibility to ensure that we receive your final payment in a timely manner.
Pricing options will be offered to you once you fill out your registration form. If you choose to use Paypal please use the following: When using PayPal, please put “Down Payment – (Your surname + the instructors name)” in the ‘Item’ area. When making the first payment of 50% please put (50% – Your surname and the instructors name) When paying the balance please put “Balance – (Your surname + the instructors name)”.
Single Room Occupancy:
10- day tour: 200.00 extra per person above the price of the tour.
7- day tour: 100.00 extra per person above the price of the tour.
2. We have a “no smoking” policy on our tours. While we welcome smokers on our tours, they are not allowed to smoke at group events, on the bus or at meals.
3. Rooms All rooms have 1(one) queen size bed. Two friends or siblings traveling together can be roomed together but will also be sharing a bed.
Depending on the size of the group, guests may not all be staying at Lovric Pension. Some guests would be roomed at near-by guest houses, which is common practice in Croatia. All meals will still be at Lovric Pension.
Due to the type of accommodations at Lovric Pension and neighbouring guests houses (infact in most of Croatia), all rooms are not identical (guests are not staying at a hotel like Best Western). Some rooms have a small kitchenette, some do not. Some accommodations will have private rooms with a bathroom and a shared living room and kitchen. Everyone will have a private room and a private washroom. Rooms are given out in order of deposits received. Unfortunately requesting a room is not possible. Clients need to be aware that there is a disparity between the rooms, but due to the nature of all inclusive trips, there is a not a surcharge for what some people may deem to be the better rooms.
Non-smoking Rooms Many European hotels classify “no smoking” rooms as a room that you are not smoking in. This means the previous guest may have smoked in your room and there is an ashtray provided. While this has not been a problem for most of our travellers, those with heightened sensitivity to cigarette smoke should know that we cannot guarantee a smoke free room.
4. Alteration to Painting/Photography Tour Price The Painting/Photography Tour price is subject to change in the event of unforeseen circumstances and changes in the cost of travel and accommodation services. Should any increase in the vacation price be unacceptable to the registered member, a full refund of monies paid will be made.
5. Cancellation and Amendments Cancellations received in writing 61 or more days from the date of departure will result in a loss of your deposit but a full refund of the balance of your tour price. Cancellations received 60 or fewer days before departure will result in a loss of all monies paid, PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE PURCHASED YOUR OWN TRAVEL INSURANCE. There are no refunds for services not utilized while on a Painting/Photography Tour. All cancellations must be sent to Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours in writing via email to email@example.com, and will be effective on the date received by Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours.
Travel insurance is highly recommended to cover Tour members for the consequences of unforeseen events during the Painting/Photography Tour and for cancellation fees that could result from illness, accident, death or other contingencies.
Tour Cancellation: Please understand that to keep costs down, and because it may be unobtainable in any event, Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours has no protection coverage and that tour members intentionally assume the many risks inherent in European travel. All tour members are required to complete, sign and return, prior to their tour start date, a Release and Waiver Agreement and Medical Form. Failure to return a complete and accurate Release and Waiver Agreement and Medical Form could result in expulsion from a tour at your own expense.
6. Minimum Workshop Vacation Numbers Each Painting/Photography Tour has been priced on the basis of a minimum number of 8 members traveling. In the event that fewer than the minimum number of members have confirmed their booking 60 days from the date of commencement, Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours reserves the right to cancel the Painting/Photography Tour, giving a full refund of monies paid, or to offer arrangements to proceed with the Painting/Photography Tour at a modified price. If Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours cancels a tour you have reserved, the entire amount you have paid to Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours for the applicable tour will be refunded to you within fourteen days after the tour’s cancellation. Once this occurs, Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours have no other obligations to tour members on cancelled trips including any additional costs or fees related to the issuance and/or cancellation of airline tickets or other travel reservations not made by Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours.
7. General: In the unlikely event that the Painting/Photography Tour tutor is unable to perform his or her duties due to unforeseen contingencies, Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours reserves the right to substitute another artist as tutor or to continue with the Painting/Photography Tour as planned or to refund the entire amount you have paid to Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours for the applicable tour.
Fitness: Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours can involve a considerable amount of walking and stair-climbing in the regions visited (especially the 2 hour tour of Dubrovnik) and it is important that all members have a level of physical fitness that allows them to take part in these activities without the need of assistance from others.
Art Supplies: All art supplies must be brought with the tour member for 9 days of painting. Do not assume that supplies will be available in any of the towns that you will be visiting. A folding chair should be considered part of your art supplies.
Tipping: Salaries in Croatia cannot compare to salaries in North America and most of Europe, yet prices here are similar to North America prices ($2-3 for a cappuccino). Gratuities are never included in the bill. A 10% percent tip will not leave much of a hole in your wallet or purse.
Transportation: Guests will encounter buses, ferries, boat taxi’s and mini-buses on this trip. Croatians are speedy drivers and the roads here are very curvy. If you have motion sickness problems, mild or major, be sure to bring whatever remedies work for you.
Electrical Adapters and Converters: Europe’s electrical system is different from ours in two ways: the voltage of the current and the shape of the plug.
Canadian/American appliances run on 110 volts, while European appliances are 220 volts. Newer travel accessories and electronic gadgets are “dual voltage,” which means they work on both American and European current. If you see a range of voltages printed on the item or its plug (such as “110-220”), you’re OK in Europe. Some older appliances have a voltage switch marked 110 (US) and 220 (Europe) — switch it to 220 as you pack.
A few old, cheap American appliances aren’t equipped to deal with the voltage difference at all, and they could be damaged or destroyed if plugged directly into a European wall outlet. In these cases, you’ll need to buy a separate, bulky converter (about $30). With so many dual-voltage gadgets available, I haven’t travelled with a separate converter in years. Still not sure? Travel stores offer useful advice on plugs and adapters.
Once you’ve dealt with the voltage, you’ll have to consider the plug. A small adapter allows American-style plugs (two flat prongs) continental European outlets (which take two round prongs). I bring both continental and British adapters (handy for long layovers at Heathrow Airport). Secure your adapter to your device’s plug with electrical or duct tape; otherwise it can easily get left behind in the outlet. Many sockets in Europe are recessed into the wall; your adapter should be small enough so that the prongs seat properly in the socket.
8. International cel phone plans from North America: I do not know why, however every tour I have someone come to me 2 days into the tour, saying they have just received an email from their provider. They have used their additional international data limit, have now gone over and owe the company hundreds of dollars. I strongly suggest you leave your phone on AIRPLANE mode, and also turn off your “Mobile Data” or whatever it is called on your phone, and then manually turn on your WIFI. Should you need your data at some point in the trip, then you can manually turn it on…remember that when once you turn on your data, your phone AUTOMATICALLY starts downloading emails, FaceBook, Instagram and anything else you have on your phone. I would suggest that most people do not need to be contacted urgently while they are away, and can wait to check email once they have access to WIFI. I provide you with my cel number so if there is an urgent call, then your family or friends may call me.
9. Tax Considerations: If you regularly sell your own paintings, you may fall into the semi-professional or professional category for taxation purposes and the tour cost may be tax-deductible. We recommend that you seek the advice of a qualified tax adviser.
10. Pre-Tour Accommodation Transfers depart at 10:30am (8:30am for 7 day tours) from Villa Fenix, in Cavtat. We request that members organize their flights to arrive one day prior to the commencement day of the Tour (10 day tours only). Accommodation on this night is included in your tour price. Should you decide to try and arrive before 10:30am on commencement day and for any reason your flight is delayed and you are not at Villa Fenix by 10:30am, you will be responsible for making your own arrangements to get to the island… not as easy as you may think!
11. Responsibilities Slikamilina Painting & Photography Tours shall act only as agents for the passenger in making arrangements for hotels, transportation, restaurants, or any other service and do not assume any liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, death, loss, accident or delay to person or property due to an act of negligence or of default of any hotel, carrier, restaurant, company or person rendering any services included in the Tours, or by act of God. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any damage or delay due to sickness, pilferage, labor disputes, machinery breakdown, quarantine, government restraints, weather, terrorism, or other causes beyond their control. No responsibility is accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, rerouting or acts of any government or authority. Baggage remains at owner’s risk throughout the Painting/Photography Tour. The passage contract in use by the carriers concerned, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the carriers and the purchasers of these Painting/Photography Tours and/or the passengers. The right is reserved to withdraw any Painting/Photography Tour and/or to make such changes in the Painting/Photography Tours as may be found desirable for the convenience of the parties and the proper carrying-out of the Painting/Photography Tour.